Office for Northeast Asia & Global Education and Training Institute
Office for Northeast Asia (ONEA) and Global Education and Training Institute (GETI)
The UNDRR Office for Northeast Asia & Global Education and Training Institute (UNDRR ONEA & GETI) was established in 2010 to develop a new cadre of professionals in disaster risk reduction and climate change adaptation to build disaster resilient societies.
UNDRR Office for Northeast Asia (ONEA) supports five countries: Republic of Korea, China, Japan, Mongolia and DPR Korea specifically to reduce disaster loss and risk and to ensure Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction 2015-2030 implementation.
The Global Education and Training Institute (GETI) has a global mandate to provide capacity building support to mainstream disaster risk reduction and climate change adaptation into sustainable development; convene and support inter-city learning to strengthen resilience (Making Cities Resilient); and to provide capacity building and best practice sharing support to national training institutions working on resilience issues.
Quarterly updates on ONEA & GETI activities and impact are available in ONEA & GETI Newsletters.
Get more information and Register for the Upcoming ONEA & GETI Training at the event links below:
- 1 July - 20 December
UNDRR GETI & ILO/ITC Curso a Distancia en Reducción de Riesgo de Desastres y Desarrollo Local Sostenible
- 10 - 12 November
Local Government Financing for Resilience
organized by UNDRR GETI, UNCDF, GlB-Foundation, Global Policy House, Resilient Cities Network
Please also visit our Event Calendar for more information about past and upcoming UNDRR ONEA & GETI training and events!
Watch past webinar recordings, get past webinar information and presentations at the event links below:
Focus on COVID-19
- Practical Experiences from P.R. China and the Republic of Korea with COVID-19
- Resilience of local governments: A multi-sectoral approach to integrate public health and disaster risk management
- Lessons from the COVID-19 pandemic series: parliamentary action to reduce risks, increase resilience and strengthen emergency preparedness
- Lessons from the COVID-19 pandemic series: Business continuity in the era of Covid-19: how businesses could prepare for reopening?
- Applying the principles of resilience building and DRR for the unexpected (co-organized with ICLEI)
- Lessons from the COVID-19 pandemic series: Emerging Technologies in Response to COVID-19: Blockchain, ICT and Data for Pandemic Management (Co-organized with WHO and Global Policy House)
- Ensuring Resilience, Accelerating Progress – Examining the Impact of COVID-19 on the Sustainable Development Goals (co-organized with UNOSD and UN DESA)
- Lessons from the COVID-19 pandemic series: COVID-19: Responding, Re-opening and Recovery Towards Resilience of Cities (co-organized with UCLG & ICLEI)
- Building back better: Lessons from the COVID-19 pandemic to enhance the role of parliaments in reducing risks of disasters (co-organized with WHO & IPU)
- Cities' experience and good practices on reopening and adjusting public health measures in response to COVID-19 (co-organized with UNOSSC & PAHO)
UNDRR ONEA & GETI
175 Art Center dae-ro, Yeonsu-gu
22004 Incheon, Republic of Korea
Phone: +82 32 458 6551/6570
Fax: +82 32 458 6598/6599
Developing Capacity for Sendai Framework Implementation:
UNDRR ONEA-GETI supports effective and coherent Sendai Framework implementation among governments, city leaders, the private sector, universities, the science community, NGOs and other international organizations.
Contact us to learn more about our on-demand customized courses: firstname.lastname@example.org
View sample courses for:
Calendar of Trainings & Events
Making Cities Resilient
Launched in May 2010, the global Making Cities Resilient: 'My City is getting ready!' campaign addresses issues of local governance and urban risk to help local governments reduce risk and build urban resilience.
The MCR Campaign is led by UNDRR but is self-motivating, partnership and city-driven. UNDRR ONEA & GETI hosts the MCR Secretariat.
Supporting proactive, local action towards sustainable urbanization, the MCR Campaign offers solutions and tools for local governments and actors to identify gaps in their resilience and to increase financial, technical and knowledge-based capacity for development planning and risk management. Joining the Campaign, cities become a part of a broad alliance of resilient cities worldwide.
Making Cities Resilient 2030 (MCR2030)
Operation starting from January 2021, the Making Cities Resilient 2030 (MCR2030) builds on the success and lessons learned of the previous decade of work under the Making Cities Resilient Campaign. MCR2030 will be a global partnership of actors with expertise in urban resilience, DRR, climate change and the SDGs. It will provide a resilience roadmap for cities with defined commitments over time on how to improve local resilience. MCR2030 will provide a suite of tools and knowledge guidance, from existing pool with partners that cities can use to better reduce risk and build resilience.
It will promote regional networks of partners with strong links and implementation experience so that cities are connected into a movement that can support implementation of resilience measures.
By 2030, MCR2030 aims to have increasing number of cities committed to reducing local disaster/climate risk and building resilience.
UNDRR ONEA & GETI Newsletters
유엔 재난위험경감사무국 동북아시아 사무소 및 국제교육훈련연수원 (UNDRR ONEA & GETI)
유엔 재난위험경감사무국 동북아시아 사무소 및 국제교육훈련연수원(United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction Office for Northeast Asia & Global Education and Training Institute, UNDRR ONEA & GETI)는 기후변화와 재난에 강한 사회로 거듭나는 것을 목표로, 전 세계를 대상으로 재해위험경감, 기후변화적응, 그리고 지속가능개발 분야의 방재 전문가단을 육성하기 위하여 2010년 설립되었습니다.
UNDRR ONEA & GETI는 도시방재를 촉진시키기 위한 기후변화와 재난에 강한 도시 만들기 2030 (Making Cities Resilient, MCR2030) 의 사무국으로써 글로벌 허브의 역할 또한 수행합니다.
UNDRR 동북아사무소 (Office for Northeast Asia, ONEA)는 재난 손실 및 위험을 줄이고 센다이 재난위험경감 강령 2015-2030의 이행을 보장하기 위해 대한민국, 중국, 일본, 몽골 및 조선 민주주의 인민 공화국 총 5 개 국가를 지원합니다.
UNDRR 국제교육훈련연수원 (Global Education and Training Institute, GETI) 는 2015-2030 센다이재해위험경감강령 실천 지원과 재해위험경감, 기후변화적응, 그리고 지속가능한 개발을 위한 방재 역량 개발을 제공하고; 도시 복원력 증진을 위한 도시간 학습을 진행 및 지원하고 (기후변화와 재난에 강한 도시 만들기); 복원력 문제를 다루는 국가 교육 기관의 역량 개발을 지원하는 등 다양한 교육 훈련 사업을 전세계적으로 수행합니다.