Training on resilient recovery and reconstruction
Global Education and Training Institute for Disaster Risk Reduction GETI)
The training is aimed at building critical mass of professionals oriented towards resilient recovery and enhancing their capacity to minimize the impact of future disasters.
- Site visits to witness resilient recovery in practice and to enhance understanding of participants on what resilient recovery can achieve.
- Increase participant’s knowledge and understanding of the concept of recovery and “build back better”
- Discuss tools and apply to a given scenario as simulation
- Understand some challenges to resilient recovery
- Learn through reflection and discussion of past experiences linked with tools and practices introduced in the session