UNDRR ROAMC: Making cities resilient : Integrating multidimensional tools for local planning
- To present experiences of integrating climate adaptation tools, disaster risk reduction, territorial planning, and resilience building to strengthen and promote sustainable development at the local level.
- Present experiences of collaboration between members of the regional coordination committee and other organizations associated with the MCR2030 initiative.
- Promote the exchange of experiences that have advanced in integrating issues of disaster risk reduction, climate change adaptation, environmental systems management, territorial planning, etc.
16.30 - 18.00
5 minutes: Opening remarks
- Natalia Villamizar Duarte | UNDRR - MCR2030
10 minutes: Key Speaker "Integration of multi-dimensional tools for local planning".
- Diego Aulestia, Head of Human Settlements Unit, Division of Sustainable Development and Human Settlements (DDSAH).
Presentation of experiences:
1) 12 minutes: ECLAC - UNDRR Collaboration.
Project: Opportunities for a more sustainable and low-carbon post-pandemic recovery in LAC: Technical Assistance for the implementation of Climate Action Plans for Latin American and Caribbean cities.
- Estefani Rondón Toro, Climate Change Unit, DDSAH, ECLAC (8 minutes)
- The case of Santo Domingo, Aline Luseaux, Consultant, UNDRR [TBC] (4 minutes)
2) 10 minutes: Mercociudades
Project: Strengthening the resilience of South American cities through decentralized cooperation.
- Lautaro Lorenzo, Executive Secretary of the Mercociudades Network.
3) 10 minutes: CAF-UNDRR Collaboration
Project: Analysis, planning and implementation of joint actions to reduce disaster risk and increase climate resilience.
- Oscar Guevara, Chief Executive Officer, Climate and Environmental Action Directorate, CAF.
4) 12 minutes: ECLAC - GCoM Collaboration
Project: Tools to accelerate the implementation of climate action plans in Latin America and the Caribbean.
- Bruno Lana, Human Settlements Unit, DDSAH, ECLAC
- Accelerating climate action in the region. Jordan Harris, Team Leader EU Support to GCoM Americas